Friday, June 1, 2007

Friday Weigh In, 6/1/07 (Ain't Happenin' Edition)

Sorry, folks. There was no official weigh-in this morning. So you're gonna hafta wait a week to see if I hit the 30-pound mark.

Why this state of affiars? Well. It's like this. Our downstairs neighbors, who have been our downstairs neighbors for nearly two years, are moving in two weeks, and we've only recently discovered that we like each other enough to hang out. I'm not really sure why that is, though I suspect it's because we both assumed we wouldn't have much in common. Which turns out not to be the case. So, we've been spending our evenings playing with them, watching movies and such. And last night we asked them if they wanted to go to the farmers market in town, which we did, not knowing it was going to suck so much. We parked at the grocery store across the street and walked over to the market in the square. And then we went to the grocery store so the neighbors could scope out dinner options (we had chicken and mashed potatoes planned). Well, on the walk to the store, we caught a whiff of the Chinese buffet next door and commented on how good it smelled. I think you know where this is headed. Stef said they'd never eaten there. I remarked that we had eaten there only once on accounta seeing a mouse run across the floor. And we all agreed that a different Chinese restaurant was our favorite anyway. So we entered the store, whereupon the neighbors found nothing exciting for dinner. And then I, in an apparent (or transparent) attempt to sabotage this week's weigh-in, commented that I wouldn't object if everyone else* wanted to go to this other Chinese restaurant that was so conveniently located just on the other side of the square. And so we did, and it was delish.

And then on the ride home, Stef joked that we could go to the Dairy Twirl. After which Chris insisted that if we were to do such a thing, we would have to walk. To which I said that would be okay. And so we did that, too. And it wasn't as delish, but it was ice cream, so how can you really bitch about it?

So, after spring rolls and kung pao chicken and a chocolate shake (sounds like a great combination, no?), I decided that there would be no weigh-in today. It would be artificially high on accounta both the sodium and the sheer volume of food I consumed, which I normally do only after weighing in. So, it'll hafta wait for next Friday. Deal with it.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I have to admit that I suspected that this week's weigh-in would be distressing all the way back on Tuesday, when I decided at 10:30pm that my willpower was no match for the Hamburger Helper leftovers in the refrigerator. Five points worth. And then on Wednesday when I did it again. So it's probably fair to say that last night's sabotage was more (sub)consciously intentional than accidental. My apologies to Chris, who was trying to be good.

Next week I promise to be on my best behavior. I have a few pairs of shorts I haven't been into for a few years, and it would be nice to add them to the summer rotation. The stuff that fits me at this body size is not for summer wearin', and I'm too cheap to buy new stuff. And there ain't no motivation like sticky.


*This is what I do when I want something but don't want to take responsibility for wanting it. A character flaw, no doubt, but not one I'm likely to devote any time workin' on. Just part of the package.

No comments: