Friday, May 18, 2007

They like me! They really like me!

Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com
"They" are the nice folks who just offered me a job as a residence hall director. A job that I have been trying to get for, oh, three years now. One for which I had two disastrous interviews last year at colleges at complete opposite ends of the prestige spectrum (and, man, how effing humiliating to get rejected by the one at the bad end!). And one for which I had two interviews set up at two different colleges in New York this month.

In my typical fashion, I accepted the first offer and will not be going on the second interview, even though the offerers would have given me enough time to do so. And even though my new school prohibits pets, which means that Chris and I won't be able to live together until we get the policy changed (which I was told is a possibility). But I really liked these people, and they liked me, which makes me like them even more. I cannot tell you how good it feels to know that I will only be a secretary for another two months!

So, another piece of the puzzle in place. It feels like things are finally lining up for us. If we find that we like it as much as we're anticipating, this shitty two-year exile in New Hampshire will have been worth it.

Thanks to all of you for sending good thoughts my way. I owe you. Don't get too excited, though. I only pay in hugs.