Friday, May 25, 2007

Friday Weigh In, 5/25/07

Well, folks, it was bound to happen sooner or later. That's right. I didn't lose a goddam thing this week. In fact, I gained half a pound. And it was fun and sickening at the same time. We were traveling Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and even though we packed a satchel of Weight Watchers-friendly snacks, and even though there were Subways along the way, and even though we could have made wise choices in nearly every restaurant in which we ate, well, we chose to eat fun food. Or Friday food, if you will, since we normally eat that stuff on Fridays.

What's really kind of pathetic is that it made us feel bloaty and leaden, yet we continued to do it. It wasn't much physical fun, yet there was something very satisfying about the psychology of it all. Apparently there is still some work to do on that front.

And seeing as how it's Friday again, and seeing as how we have a $10 coupon at a restaurant that is having its Crab Fest only until the end of the month, we're going there with our downstairs neighbors tonight. So I expect to feel bloaty and leaden tonight, too.

Oh well. Back on the wagon tomorrow!

Happy weekend, all!

P.S. I weighed in at 184.0 this morning, making the overall loss 28.5 pounds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

28.5 is nothing to sneeze at. I'm working my way back down too, or at least starting to.

Keep it up!

For some reason, sitting on my couch, watching The Biggest Loser all weekend kickstarted me for something ... and my arms are sore from doing push-ups for the first time since I was an athlete in high school.