Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday Weigh In, 4/13/07

It's Friday the 13th, but it hasn't been unlucky for me so far. I weighed in at 190.0 this morning, which is 2 pounds this week and 22.5 overall. I wouldn't call it luck, though. Not exactly hard work, either, but not luck. Luck would be if I had eaten pizza at every meal and still lost 2 pounds. No, this was no stroke of luck. Commitment to a sensible, doable plan is all. And being in the right place mentally. And moving my body more. Basically what I'm saying is that I'm steering this ship (with some navigation assistance from a dedicated, supportive partner), and I'd like to own the accomplishment. No sharing any glory with the universe or other mystical forces.

My favorite thing about weight loss this week is that I can finally wear my wedding rings again. It's been awhile.

Tonight we're going to order Chinese food and watch a movie with our downstairs neighbor. We don't know what we'll be watching yet, but the food and the company will be sublime.

Happy weekend, all!

No comments: