Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday Weigh In, 3/23/07

194.0 today. That's 1.5 pounds this week and 18.5 pounds overall. Chris says I've gone from looking "fat" to looking simply "overweight." I'm not entirely sure how much of a distinction there is, but I'll take it.

I was thinking the other day about how I'm starting to feel like I own my body again, instead of the other way around. It responds quicker to my demands than it had been, which is good if I am to keep thinking of myself in some small way as an athlete. There is really nothing so frustrating as thinking your body can do things only to have your body prove you wrong (e.g., jumping completely over a puddle versus landing still in the splatter zone, getting safely across the street ahead of the oncoming traffic versus making that traffic slow down on accounta you're not as fast as you thought, etc.). A delightful change, for sure.

And thank you, anonymous commenter, for the kind comments last week. Do I know you, or are you just nice to random people on the intertubes? Either way, thanks!

Have a great weekend, all!

No comments: