Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Finish the thought

Phydeaux has tagged me with this meme from pidomon:

I Never...eat at McDonald's...liked reading when I was growing up...wear a thong...thought I'd live in New York...wear navy blue and black together...color my hair anymore because it covers up the gray...slept with a boy...learned to juggle like I promised...sent about eight wedding thank-yous - is eight years too long?

I Rarely...shop at Wal-Mart (and wouldn't ever do such a horrid thing if we had more options in this town)...dress to impress - I leave all the impressing to my winning personality...believe in myself enough...wear makeup - I average about once every two years or so...trust other people enough...leave the apartment on Sundays

I Cry...when people do nice things for other people...when my students make me proud...and when my students disappoint me...at sappy television shows...when my family leaves...when I laugh too hard...more often than a grown woman should...less than I used to

I Am Not Always...straightforward...as patient as I would like to be...as organized as I could be if I spent a tiny bit more time at it...in the mood to joke...fair to people who subscribe to stupid ideologies...a perfect radical feminist...prepared for the things 18-year-olds say...busy like I pretend to be - sometimes I'm doing a jigsaw puzzle

I Lose...umbrellas, like, all the time...packs of gum...pens I really like...touch with way too many people because I put off writing or calling until the point at which it will be too awkward to write or call...weight, every few years or so...hair, unfortunately

I'm Confused...by people who foam at the mouth to try to get poor women to have babies they can't afford and then treat those women with contempt when they need help affording those babies...by poor people who vote for Republicans...by earbuds...by the Burger King giant head...by people who don't ever consider that other people exist in the world...by people who think that Reagan was awesome

I Miss...being uncritical of and excited about Christmas...my nephew, who calls me Meathead...my athletic body...having evenings free...cornfields...Jose Ole mini chicken tacos...good ranch dressing...New York City

I Need...to go back on Weight Watchers...hugs...naps...blogs...students to go the fuck home...crossword puzzles...reassurance...more sleep...financial security...winter boots...to see Bobbi and Rachel...to pee...plenty of lead time if my plans are gonna be changed...to go to the dentist...Phydeaux to kick me in the pants every few weeks

I Should...go back to bed...put more time into about twenty different projects...stop bitching so much...finish The Secret Life of Bees already...fire someone I will probably continue to barely tolerate...be better at confrontation than I am...watch less television...quit eating meat altogether

I LOVE...Tivo...books - reading them, shopping for them, talking about them, looking at them on the shelf...MonkeyPants...animals who snuggle...my family...eating...PhotoShop... newspapers...coffee ice cream...bad 80s movies...being pleasantly surprised...having my faith in people restored by silly things...planning junk...saving money...making people laugh...buying things on sale...nature from a distance...getting up early and then taking a nap before lunch...quiet hours

So, I met my challenge of getting this post up within two days of getting tagged. I won't tag anyone else because I would hate to heap that kind of pressure on you, but I encourage you all to play!

Thanks, Phydeaux, for the kick.

1 comment:

splord said...

Oh, well done!

re: "kicking you in the pants"

As I said in my post, I know you're busy herding freshmen and all that, but I'm glad you had the time to do this.

Again, well done!


Have a wonderful Solstice/X-mas/Kwanzaa/Saturnalia/wev!