Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Weight Watchers Food Review

Okay, so today I pulled out of the freezer the following scary box: Weight Watchers Smart Ones Bistro Selections Chicken Santa Fe. With a full serving of vegetables. Yes, full. Said box contained the following ingredients: chicken, zucchini, bell peppers, onions, black beans, and some sort of red sauce. And some chemicals.

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "But, Gender Blank! Where was the cheese?" I know! I was thinking the same thing. I considered taking a baggie of shredded cheese to put on top (or to smother the the other things with, more truthfully). But I didn't.

So I opened the box at lunch time and saw way too much green stuff for my tastes (in frozen food, anyway). I was not hopeful. Not one bit. Why hadn't I packed cheese? I briefly thought about converting my afternoon snack of a piece of string cheese into a lunch topper. But I decided to taste the thing first before performing any surgery.

Well, what do you know? It was good! I kid you not. Apparently there's something called "seasoning" that goes a long way toward making food taste better without cheese. Huh.

Anyway, the best part of the story is this: the whole thing was only 2 points! Suh-weet! The second best part is that I'm pretty sure I got it on sale. I generally refuse to pay full price for diet food. I figure I can compromise on either taste or price, but not both. As it turns out, I didn't compromise on either with this one.

Final review: 3.5 out of 5 units (I have yet to determine what units would be appropriate - any help?). I recommend it for lunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't let the people in Wisconsin read this. Good food without cheese; its blasphemy.